Position Title: Chinese Assistant Pastor (Worship and Evangelism Ministries)
Company: Markham Free Methodist Church
Contact Person: Dr. K.K. Leung
Location/Address: Markham, Ontario
Posted Date: February 1, 2017
Job Type: Full-Time
Markham Free Methodist Church is a tri-lingual church (Cantonese, Mandarin, English) with a vision to establish a temple of prayer and worship for all nations; a community to care and connect to the unreached and people in need; and a mission center to fulfill the Great Commandment of the Lord Jesus Christ.
With the expanding needs of our church, we are looking for a full-time Chinese Assistant Pastor whose primary focus in the areas or worship and evangelism ministries. The responsibilities of this position are also included, but not limited, to shepherd and develop the members, community service co-ordination, and other ministry development when needs arise. This position reports to the Senior Pastor and to assist him to breed and grow up the church becoming spirituality matured and whole.
- Born-again Christian who called to serve as a full time pastor.
- Agree and accept the vision of the Markham Free Methodist Church.
- A team player who can cooperate with other pastors and ministers for ministry alignment and church unity.
- A servant-leader with the ability to communicate effectively and implement a ministry plan.
- Demonstrates a true passion for worship in their life and has a strong desire to motivate others to develop a similar attitude.
- Gifted and trained in music, with experience in leading worship both instrumentally and vocally.
- Has a desire to share the gospel with others, having a concern for the lost.
- Gifted in outreaching to and shepherding of people from different backgrounds.
- Pastoral experience (including internship) in North American church setting.
- T.S., M.Div., or equivalent degree from an accredited theological seminary.
- Fluent in Cantonese and English is required; ability to communicate in Mandarin an asset.